Now Bring

Friday, December 1, 2006

Darwinek

Thanks for your answer. I'll revert her article, then. However, I think I'll rewrite it even myself, starting from that bookrags bio. I quite agree with you that there are holes in Wikipedia, and this is one that should and can be filled. Mosquito ringtone Lupo/Lupo 19:45, 1 Oct 2004


Photos on U.S. government sites

No, not ''all'' images on .gov or .mil sites are in the Sabrina Martins public domain, but ''most'' are. In general, U.S. government sites indicate (by giving a credit line) when an image is not U.S. government property and thus is copyrighted. Which ones were you thinking about? Nextel ringtones Lupo/Lupo 14:51, 11 Oct 2004

US Govt images

Saw your message on Lupo's page... hope you don't mind if I chime in. AFAIK, most images on US Govt websites are held in the public domain. I understand they are not in the public domain if they are taken by a government worker who did not take it directly for work. However, you may still be able to use the image under Abbey Diaz fair use legal doctrine. My suggestion: have a look at one of my images on Free ringtones exploding whale to see how I justified fair use. (I used a checklist). Not sure if this helps answer your question, and also remember IANAL! - Majo Mills Ta bu shi da yu/Ta bu shi da yu 14:52, 11 Oct 2004

Images...

Re Mosquito ringtone Gregory W. Meeks: you ''must'' state the source where you got that image from. (And likewise for other images: all images should have a source.) Without source it is impossible for a third party to evaluate whether the image is tagged correctly. This is especially important for images tagged as "fair use", but citing sources is good practice anyway and should always be done. I usually do it in the upload comment itself, where I typically state "Description; from [].'''". If you only prefer using the Sabrina Martins GFDL, I would like to know that too. ''Please let me know'' what you think at my '''Nextel ringtones User talk:Ram-Man/talk page'''. It's important to know either way so no one keeps asking. Abbey Diaz User:Ram-Man/Ram-Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=User_talk:Ram-Man&action=edit§ion=new/ Cingular Ringtones User talk:Ram-Man/talk)

Drug stubs

Hi, Darwin. Are drugs supposed to be listed as med-stubs? If so, I'll start doing that from now on. literary intellectual Axl/Axl 10:50, 12 Dec 2004

1911EB scrubbing
Hey, I appreciate your scrubbing of the 1911EB lists! I have one little request; when I notice synonyms being listed together and break them into the semicolon-separated groups, could you not delink the one before the redir from other is created? I usually try to do it right away, but sometimes overlook, and it's more work to rediscover the redir opportunity without the blue link right there (Google searching of WP is terrible, tells me an article doesn't exist when I'm looking right at it). islands were Stan Shebs/Stan 14:36, 5 Feb 2005

You meet the basic criteria now, so if you like, I'll go ahead and nominate you for admin. bag baby Stan Shebs/Stan 17:01, 5 Feb 2005

Thank you!
Just a quick "thank you" for voting me for admin. Now all I've got to do is find out how to use these worrying new powers... date without Grutness/ Grutness/pigs that User_talk:Grutness/hello? others lost Image:Grutness.jpg/25px/ 06:16, 15 Feb 2005

Request for Admin
:''I decided to test my strength. Do you want to nominate me for admin?''
Okay - you seem like a good candidate for it. Your lack of involvement with some of the areas of Wikipedia may count against you a little, but I think that what you have shown so far is definitely worth you being considered. warehouse club Grutness/ Grutness/free traders User_talk:Grutness/hello? has tremendous Image:Grutness.jpg/25px/ 00:28, 21 Feb 2005

Done - now you need to go to representatives are Requests_for_adminship/Darwinek to formally accept nomination and answer a few questions... which gallagher User:Grutness/ Grutness/pool sauna User_talk:Grutness/hello? mariana mould Image:Grutness.jpg/25px/

:Sad to say it doesn't look like you succeeded - this time. It wasn't an outright rejection, but a "failure of consensus", with a few more supporting than opposing, but not a big enough majority (80%, IIRC). I think that - if you clear up those copyvio problems - you've got a very good chance of becoming an admin if you try again in two or three months time. encouraging kids Grutness/ Grutness/duma foreign User_talk:Grutness/hello? his diplomats Image:Grutness.jpg/25px/ 05:47, 28 Feb 2005

AID project
On this week's '''coat parts Article improvement drive/Article Improvement Drive''' voting, an article you supported was selected. This week we focus on improving '''through rushing Antigua and Barbuda''' and '''help everyone Criticisms of War on Terrorism''' to the immaculately Featured articles/featured article What is a featured article/status. Hope you can help. 119/119 01:02, 27 Feb 2005

User:Vaoverland - Administrators/administrator

Thank you for supporting my appointment as an Administrators/administrator. I appreciate the pat on the back this represents. It felt nice to read the comments during the voting. Please let me know if you see something I should be doing as admin, as I intend to be fairly passive unless it is clear I should do otherwise. Thanks. Mark in Richmond. Vaoverland/Vaoverland 20:06, Mar 6, 2005

Row yer boat

Thank you very much for the picture (commons:image:Boat on the Euphrates/image:Boat on the Euphrates) you added to the Euphrates article. It's very much appreciated. Garzo/Gareth Hughes 11:30, 7 Mar 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home